Children's First Lobes (5 - 9 Years of Age)
*WE DO NOT PIERCE INFANTS*
A child's first lobe piercing is a very important and special milestone. At Ouro, we want to make your child's first lobe piercings a memorable moment to celebrate!
We do a two-step process when performing a child's first lobe piercings.
The first step is to book an initial Children's First Lobe Piercing Consultation. During this appointment, your child will meet our piercers and have a tour of our space so they'll feel comfortable for their big day. They'll learn about the whole piercing process from start to finish. We'll talk in depth about the responsibilities of taking care of a brand new piercing, go over the dos and don'ts, and of course, we'll help your child pick their jewellery.
During this appointment, we'll perform your child's piercing. We'll book their piercing appointment during the Children's First Lobe Piercing Consultation. The piercing appointment must be at a later date (at least 24hrs after the consultation).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
We use single use sterile piercing needles for all our piercings. We do not use piercing guns nor recommend getting pierced by one.
Please note, we require informed consent from the child getting pierced, and we'll only proceed with the piercing if they are ready.
Jewellery - We only pierce with jewellery from our showroom. This is because we follow standards for initial piercings set out by the Association of Professional Piercers and all of our jewellery meets or exceeds these standards.
For children's first lobes, we only pierce with press-fit threadless end paired a threadless post. See how press-fit jewellery works.
We offer a wide range of implant grade titanium and solid, nickel free 14K and 18K gold press-fit jewellery for your child to choose from.
We do not pierce with hoops/rings for initial jewellery. This is because hoops move around in a freshly pierced piercing channel which greatly affects healing time. They also tend to easily get snagged on hair, fingers, clothing, headphones etc... which is not the best for healing piercings.
In 2 - 3 months after getting pierced, we’ll need to replace the threadless posts to a shorter one. This is because we use a longer threadless post for their initial jewellery to accommodate the natural swelling that will occur during the first few weeks after getting pierced. Downsizing the threadless posts after 2 - 3 months minimises the risks of the post from getting snagged which may lead to piercing irritation, or loss of jewellery. More importantly, a downsize will provide for a more comfortable fit as the jewellery will fit more snug. The cost for a shorter threadless post is $23 per piece ($46 for a pair)
ID, Parental Consent and Attendance
- Parental Presence - One Parent/Legal Guardian must be present during the minor’s piercing appointment. Minors cannot be pierced without the accompaniment of a parent or legal guardian.
- Valid ID for Parent/Legal Guardian - A valid government-issued photo ID for the Parent/Legal Guardian is required.
- Valid ID for Minor - The minor getting pierced must provide a valid government-issued photo ID or a health card. For minors, a school ID or health card, when paired with a birth certificate, is accepted for the piercing appointment.
- Consultations are complimentary
- We charge a service fee and the cost of jewellery is additional. The piercing service fee for both lobes is $50 when one piercer performs both lobes one at a time. You may opt for a tandem piercing which is when two piercers pierce both lobes at the same time. The service fee for a tandem piercing is $60. Tandem piercings are subject to piercer availability.
- Jewellery costs start at $50 per piece for implant grade titanium designs, and $100 per piece for solid 14K and 18K gold.
- Downsize costs are $23 for each threadless post ($46 per pair). The service fee for a downsize is $10, or complimentary if pierced at Ouro.
- Aftercare spray is $12
At Ouro, we believe that a child’s first piercing is a special milestone and a moment that they’ll remember. During the piercing procedure, the piercer will guide the experience and parents are encouraged to support their child during the process. This means that if a child feels that they are not ready, we ask the parents to respect their child’s decision. Kindly note that our piercers will not perform any piercings without consent, or if our piercers feel that a child is not ready. Only parents and the child getting pierced are allowed inside the piercing room. This is to allow our piercers enough space to do their work at their best and provide your child with the most calm and positive piercing experience. In addition, we ask that no photos or videos are taken during the piercing procedure. This is because it adds extra and unnecessary pressure to our piercers who need to focus and perform their craft to the best of their abilities, while adding some distractions to both the child and piercer(s). We welcome, and love, before and after photos and videos during your child’s piercing experience at Ouro.