Children's First Lobes (5 - 9 Years of Age) Continued...
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING
Lifestyle and Aftercare
Healing a fresh piercing takes time, patience, and at times may require some temporary lifestyle adjustments. The following activities greatly affects the healing of a new piercing:
- Swimming - We do not recommend swimming or submerging a fresh piercing in pools, oceans and lakes for at least 2 months after getting pierced. This is because open bodies of water harbour harmful bacteria that may enter the piercing channel and lead to irritation and infection. Swimming pools/hot tubs contain harsh chemicals that can delay your piercing’s healing time and cause irritation.
- Contact Sports, Helmets - Activities that have a high risk of bumping, snagging, impacting, or hitting your piercing, (i.e. boxing, jujitsu, martial arts, or activities that require tight fitting helmets) may increase the risk of irritation.
- Initial jewellery must not be removed for the duration of your healing time which is 3 - 6 months for ear lobes. The only exception is when upsizing or downsizing the post (only performed by our piercers).
- Travel - consider postponing your piercing appointment if you plan on traveling in the immediate future. This is because when flying or visiting a destination, the altitude change, climate change and pressure inside an aircraft can cause your fresh piercing to swell and lead to irritation.
- Beauty products - i.e. hair dye, hair styling products etc, that come in contact with your piercing may cause irritation or piercing bumps.
- Ear wear/devices - Headphones, ear muffs, glasses, ear plugs, etc - Kindly note that these items may affect the healing of your piercing.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
We'll book your child's piercing appointment during the consultation