Piercing Parties! (For Clients 18 Years and Up) Continued
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
We use single use sterile piercing needles for all our piercings. We do not use piercing guns nor recommend getting pierced by one.
Jewellery - We only pierce with jewellery from our showroom. This is because we follow standards for initial piercings set out by the Association of Professional Piercers and all of our jewellery meets or exceeds these standards.
Jewellery Material/Metal Composition:
We offer a wide range of implant grade metals such as titanium, stainless steel, niobium, nickel free solid 14K and 18K gold, platinum, and glass.
Initial Jewellery: Rings/Hoops - with the exception of septum, daith, and some below the belt piercings, we do not pierce with rings or hoops. This is because rings tend to move and rotate inside the piercing channel which increases the risk of healing problems such as irritation bumps. For most initial jewellery, we use straight style jewellery.
For initial jewellery, we pierce with a slightly longer post, or larger diameter jewellery to accommodate the natural swelling that will occur during the first few weeks after getting pierced. Once swelling from your initial piercing has subsided, a downsize will be required. Downsizing minimises the risks of your jewellery from getting snagged which may lead to piercing irritation, or loss of jewellery. A downsize will provide for a more comfortable fit and help with the next stage of healing. For most cartilage piercings, it is crucial to downsize your jewellery to prevent piercings from drifting, healing in an undesired angle and prevent irritation bumps.
Valid government-issued photo ID is required for your piercing appointment
- We charge a service fee and the cost of jewellery is additional. Piercing service fees are listed here
- Jewellery costs start at $50 per piece for implant grade titanium designs, and $100 per piece for solid 14K and 18K gold.
- Downsize jewellery costs are additional and vary depending on piercing location.
- Aftercare spray is $12
Please be on time for your piercing appointment. Late arrivals are subject to the rescheduling of your appointment.
Kindly note that there is a maximum of 2 people allowed in the piercing room (the person getting pierced, and one companion) This is to allow our piercers enough space to do their work at their best and provide the most calm and positive piercing experience. In addition, we ask that no photos or videos are taken during the piercing procedure. This is because it adds extra and unnecessary pressure and distraction to our piercers who need to focus and perform their craft to the best of their abilities. We welcome, and love, before and after photos and videos during your piercing experience at Ouro.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BOOKING
Lifestyle and Aftercare
Healing a fresh piercing takes time, patience, and at times may require some temporary lifestyle adjustments. The following activities greatly affects the healing of a new piercing:
- Swimming - We do not recommend swimming or submerging a fresh piercing in pools, oceans and lakes for at least 2 months after getting pierced. This is because open bodies of water harbour harmful bacteria that may enter the piercing channel and lead to irritation and infection. Swimming pools/hot tubs contain harsh chemicals that can delay your piercing’s healing time and cause irritation.
- Contact Sports, Helmets - Activities that have a high risk of bumping, snagging, impacting, or hitting your piercing, (i.e. boxing, jujitsu, martial arts, or activities that require tight fitting helmets) may increase the risk of irritation.
- Initial jewellery must not be removed for the duration of your healing time which is 3 - 6 months for ear lobes. The only exception is when upsizing or downsizing the post (only performed by our piercers).
- Travel - consider postponing your piercing appointment if you plan on travelling in the immediate future. This is because when flying or visiting a destination, the altitude change, climate change and pressure inside an aircraft can cause your fresh piercing to swell and lead to irritation.
- Beauty products - i.e. hair dye, hair styling products etc, that come in contact with your piercing may cause irritation or piercing bumps.
- Ear wear/devices - Headphones, ear muffs, glasses, stethoscopes, ear plugs, etc - Kindly note that these items may affect the healing of your piercing.
Kindly let us know if you are taking Accutane/Isotretinoin/Roaccutane. We aren’t able to pierce clients who are on these medications, or have taken these medications within the last 6 months.
Pregnant or Nursing
We don’t pierce clients who are pregnant or nursing. This is because individuals who are pregnant or nursing have immune systems that undergo some changes that increase the risk of irritation, infection, excessive scar tissue, possible allergic reactions and difficulties with healing.
Appointment duration: 45 minutes. Includes: piercing consultation, anatomy check, jewellery viewing, and piercing.