We’re very happy, and excited, to announce that we’re looking to add an experienced piercer to our team. Please note, this is NOT a piercing apprenticeship opportunity.
All our piercers are members of the Association of Professional Piercers (APP), and we hold the highest standards for piercing safety. We pierce out of 2 piercing rooms, and use industry standard equipment, i.e., Statim G4 Autoclave, Hydrim etc., to process our tools and jewellery. We carry quite a large selection of gold jewellery (fun fact - Ouro means gold in Portuguese) and work with some awesome designers: Pupil Hall, Alchemy Adornment, Anatometal, Buddha Jewelry Organics, Tawapa, Modern Mood, Industrial Strength, Canasteel and more.
Providing piercing services to our clients including:
- piercings, consultations, troubleshooting, follow-ups, upsize/downsize services, jewellery changes
- Educate and share your knowledge about piercing and jewellery to our clients.
- Help our clients with planning their piercing, curating jewellery for piercing projects and piercing styling
- Communicate with clients regarding piercing, jewellery and troubleshooting
- Ensure and maintain a safe and clean piercing environment
- Daily team cleaning duties
- Undergo yearly certification and professional development including: Bloodborne Pathogens, First-Aid/CPR and attend piercing related training and workshops
The Ideal Candidate:
- has a minimum of 3 years of piercing experience
- is an APP member or committed to becoming a member
- holds certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid and CPR
- is committed to providing a VIP experience to our customers.
- is able to collaborate and work in a team environment
- shows commitment to ongoing professional development in piercing and jewellery knowledge
- must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Above all, we are seeking kind hearted individuals who are passionate about body piercing, and are able to uphold our shared values: compassion, diversity, and kindness.
Our piercers are compensated with a competitive hourly wage, recieve commission based on a percentage of the piercing services performed, and are tipped generously by our clients. We offer a yearly professional development allowance, paid lunch breaks, and work in a tight-knit, teamwork based environment. As our team grows, we look to offer extended health benefits (for full-time employees), and 4 day work weeks.
We are unable to entertain walk-in applications as we are often fully booked with customers. Potential full-time candidates may be offered an initial guest piercer position.
If you wish to apply to this position, please email a cover letter and resume along with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are unable to entertain walk-in applications as we are often booked with customers. Potential candidates may be offered an initial guest piercer position.