Ear Lobe Piercing for Minors 10 - 14 Years Old
For minors 10 - 14 years of age, we only offer ear lobe piercings
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
We use single use sterile piercing needles for all our piercings. We do not use piercing guns nor recommend getting pierced by one.
Please note, we require informed consent from the minor getting pierced, and we'll only proceed with the piercing if they are ready.
Jewellery - We only pierce with jewellery from our showroom. This is because we follow standards for initial piercings set out by the Association of Professional Piercers and all of our jewellery meets or exceeds these standards.
We only pierce lobes with with press-fit jewellery paired a threadless post for initial jewellery. See how press-fit jewellery works.
We offer a wide range of implant grade titanium and solid 14K and 18K gold press-fit jewellery for your child to choose from.
We do not pierce with hoops/rings for initial jewellery. This is because hoops move around in a freshly pierced piercing channel which greatly affects healing time. They also tend to easily get snagged on hair, fingers, clothing, headphones etc... which is not the best for healing piercings.
In 2 - 3 months after getting pierced, we’ll need to replace the threadless posts to a shorter one. This is because we use a longer threadless post for their initial jewellery to accommodate the natural swelling that will occur during the first few weeks after getting pierced. Downsizing the threadless posts after 2 - 3 months minimises the risks of the post from getting snagged which may lead to piercing irritation, or loss of jewellery. More importantly, a downsize will provide for a more comfortable fit as the jewellery will fit more snug. The cost for a shorter threadless post is $23 per piece ($46 for a pair)
ID, Parental Consent and Attendance
- Parental Presence - One Parent/Legal Guardian must be present during the minor’s piercing appointment. Minors cannot be pierced without the accompaniment of a parent or legal guardian.
- Valid ID for Parent/Legal Guardian - A valid government-issued photo ID for the Parent/Legal Guardian is required.
- Valid ID for Minor - The minor getting pierced must provide a valid government-issued photo ID or a health card. For minors, a school ID or health card, when paired with a birth certificate, is accepted for the piercing appointment.
- Consultations are complimentary
- We charge a service fee and the cost of jewellery is additional. The piercing service fee for a single lobe piercing is $30. The piercing service fee for both lobes is $50.
- Jewellery costs start at $50 per piece for implant grade titanium designs, and $100 per piece for solid 14K and 18K gold.
- Downsize costs are $23 for each threadless post ($46 per pair). The service fee for a downsize is $10, or complimentary if pierced at Ouro.
- Aftercare spray is $12
During the piercing procedure, the piercer will guide the experience and parents are encouraged to support their child during the process. This means that if a minor feels that they are not ready, we ask the parents to respect their decision. Kindly note that our piercers will not perform any piercings without consent, or if our piercers feel that a minor is not ready. Only parents and the child getting pierced are allowed inside the piercing room. This is to allow our piercers enough space to do their work at their best and provide your child with the most calm and positive piercing experience. In addition, we ask that no photos or videos are taken during the piercing procedure. This is because it adds extra and unnecessary pressure to our piercers who need to focus and perform their craft to the best of their abilities, while adding some distractions to both the child and piercer(s). We welcome, and love, before and after photos and videos during your piercing experience at Ouro.