If you are an APP member piercer with a minimum of 3 years of experience, and are interested in guesting with us, we'd love to hear from you!
All our piercers are members of the Association of Professional Piercers (APP), and we hold the highest standards for piercing safety. We pierce out of 2 piercing rooms, and use industry standard equipment, i.e., Statim G4 Autoclave, Hydrim etc., to process our tools and jewellery. We only pierce with jewellery that meets APP standards for initial jewellery for piercings. We carry quite a large selection of gold jewellery (fun fact - Ouro means gold in Portuguese) and work with some awesome designers: Pupil Hall, Alchemy Adornment, Anatometal, Buddha Jewelry Organics, Tawapa, Modern Mood, Industrial Strength and more.
Job Duties Include:
- Providing piercing services to our clients including: piercings, consultations, troubleshooting, follow-ups, upsize/downsize services, jewellery changes
- Educate and share your knowledge about piercing and jewellery to our clients.
- Help our clients with planning their piercing, curating jewellery for piercing projects and piercing styling
- Communicate with clients regarding piercing, jewellery and troubleshooting
- Ensure and maintain a safe and clean piercing environment
- Daily team cleaning duties
The Ideal Candidate:
- has a minimum of 3 years of piercing experience
- is an APP member or committed to becoming a member
- holds certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid and CPR
- is committed to providing a VIP experience to our customers.
- is able to collaborate and work in a team environment
- shows commitment to ongoing professional development in piercing and jewellery knowledge
- posses a strong work ethic and is highly motivated team player
- must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Above all, we are seeking kind hearted individuals who are passionate about body piercing and jewellery, and are able to uphold our shared values: compassion, diversity, and kindness.
Our piercers are compensated with a competitive hourly wage, receive a percentage of the piercing service fees performed, and are tipped generously by our clients.
If you wish to guest at Ouro, please email a cover letter and resume along with a link to your portfolio to email@example.com . We are unable to entertain walk-in applications as we are often booked with customers. We are looking forward to hearing from you!